If you haven’t visited Craftsnob, don’t wait another minute (well, download this pattern first, then go)!! Sara has a ton of wonderful tutorials and tips for just about every project imaginable!
Petals Cosmetic Bag
Finished size: 9x6x1″
· 1- 9″ zipper
· 40 1/2″ prepared double fold bias tape (for instructions on how to make own bias tape, go here)
· Basic sewing supplies
Download the pattern template
· 4 @ 10×6 1/2″ from main fabric (2 for exterior and 2 for lining)
· 2 from accent fabric using pattern piece
· 2 from accent fabric using pattern piece – reversed (flip pattern over and trace)
· 2 @ 10×6 1/2″ from medium-weight interfacing
Interface exterior fabric panels following manufacturer’s instructions
Use 1/4″ for seam allowance
This cosmetic bag is the little sister to my Petal Purse & Tote Bag pattern. I like this deign because it has so much storage, which is a must if you have children who treat you like the family pack mule (why can’t they carry their own stuff???). The outside has 2 zippered pockets and 4 slip pockets and it’s even reversible! So many design options!
You can find this pattern here.